Hospital Diagnostic Imaging – Going Live on eReferral!
Starting Monday, March 26, clinicians will be able to send electronic referrals (through OCEAN) to hospital Diagnostic Imaging departments directly from most EMRs. This process not only saves time, but also ensures that clinicians and patients always know the status of the referral, ultimately alleviating the need for multiple follow-up phone calls. Over time, we also expect to see a decrease in wait times.
The Diagnostic Imaging Integrated Program Council (DIIPC), in partnership with the System Coordinated Access Program (SCA), hosted by the eHealth Centre of Excellence, are proud to champion this technology as one of the ways we are committed to improving patient care throughout Waterloo Wellington.
Want to see for yourself? Check out our DI Webinar by clicking here.
Waterloo Wellington hospitals have adopted new common requisition forms for imaging. You can access these forms in the following ways:
Ocean Health Map
The new forms will be available in the Ocean Health Map at www.oceanhealthmap.ca and will be updated regularly. You can easily add any of the following hospital Diagnostic Imaging referral destinations to your list of Ocean “Favourites” in Ocean to quickly access the form and initiate a requisition:
- Cambridge Memorial Hospital– Diagnostic Imaging
- Guelph General Hospital– Diagnostic Imaging
- Grand River Hospital– Diagnostic Imagining
- Waterloo-Wellington Breast Centre – Grand River Hospital Freeport Site
- Groves Memorial Hospital– Diagnostic Imaging
- Louise Marshall Hospital– Diagnostic Imaging
- Palmerston & District Hospital– Diagnostic Imaging
- St. Mary’s General Hospital – Diagnostic Imaging
Practice Solutions Custom Forms
If you use eReferral through your Practice Solutions EMR and wish to add the new forms to your Custom Form Library, you can download them by clicking here.
Paper (fax) Requisitions
If your practice hasn’t yet transitioned to eReferral, you can continue to fax requisitions using the new Waterloo Wellington Diagnostic Imaging common forms:
- Waterloo Wellington Hospitals General Radiography (X-RAY)/Gastric/Minor Fluoroscopic Procedures Requisition
- Waterloo Wellington Hospitals Nuclear Medicine Requisition
- Waterloo Wellington Hospitals CT Requisition
- Waterloo Wellington Hospitals Ultrasound Requisition
- Waterloo Wellington Hospitals MRI Requisition
- Waterloo Wellington Hospitals Breast Imaging Requisition
- Waterloo Wellington Hospitals Bone Mineral Density Requisition
The following resources are being provided to assist you with your Ocean set up.
- Webinar Q&A
- Instructions: How to add a user to your Ocean site
- Instructions: How to create a new encryption key
- Instructions: How to create canned responses
- Instructions: Receiving an eReferral through Ocean Portal
For more instructions please visit: Oceanreferralnetwork.ca
For technical assistance please call the Customer Support Line: 1-855-846-5805 (weekdays 8 a.m. – 6 p.m.)
Need to log a ticket? Click here
Do you have questions, comments, feedback, or require additional training support?
Contact the System Coordinated Access Program: eReferral@ehealthce.ca